Linux For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problems with Mouse and keyboard

2 posters

Go down

problems with Mouse and keyboard Empty problems with Mouse and keyboard

Post by cobraxracing Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:23 am

Hi-

First thanks for all your dummies videos on youtube!!!

I am 48 yrs old from Germany so I hope you understand my English…

I did work all the times with windows xp, and about 5 weeks ago a friend of mine told me about linux (Backtrack)
so I did check some videos in youtube and now I LOVE IT!!!

Since two days I have a problem and try myself to find a fix for it but I didn’t find any way to resolve it!

When I start backtrack everything work well, but after login and startx my keyboard and mouse stop to work (I did make an update one night before…

I boot today with a live usb to check my laptop hdd but as linux newbie I don’t know what I have to do or where I will find the usb script…

Please help me cuz I don’t want to reinstall all the stuff one more time Sad .

Thanks from Germany!

cobraxracing

Back to top Go down

problems with Mouse and keyboard Empty Re: problems with Mouse and keyboard

Post by CureMyMind Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:31 am

This sounds like the x-org server to me, thats the script that loads your monitor and keyboard and mouse. What did you install this on? Is this a Laptop or a desktop? Is this vmware or full hard drive disk install?

You could try the command fixvesa. Or dpkg reconfigure xserver-xorg, and when you get to the point where it says about keyboard and mouse. Try the other options that it gives you till you find the right one.

That is strange how it stoped working. I haven't had that problem with BT or I would of made a video of it. Usually anything I find I make a video of it. Well get back to us and let us know what happen.
CureMyMind
CureMyMind
Admin

https://curemymind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum