Linux For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BackTrack 5 r1 rtl8187 SIOCSIFFLAGS Unknown error 132

Go down

BackTrack 5 r1 rtl8187 SIOCSIFFLAGS Unknown error 132 Empty BackTrack 5 r1 rtl8187 SIOCSIFFLAGS Unknown error 132

Post by CureMyMind Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:43 pm

So you downloaded the new R1 of BT5 and cant get your alfa or gsky to work... I have not tested this on other cards with this chipset, so if you do have them let me know if they work that way people can just read on down.

You go to the BT website on their wiki and find this for that error.
BackTrack RTL8187 123 Error

And you find these commands on there...
Code:
root@bt:~# dmesg| tail -20
root@bt:~# rmmod rtl8187
root@bt:~# rfkill block all
root@bt:~# rfkill unblock all
root@bt:~# modprobe rtl8187
root@bt:~# rfkill unblock all
root@bt:~# ifconfig wlan0 up

And it works but you have to type it in every time you boot up... Which is really an inconvenience... So what you did was look around and actully found some youtube video that shows you how to make a script... But that is also an inconvenience not as bad b/c all you will have to click on it...

We are giong to take that exact script and add more info on it... So log into your BT5R1 and make a new text file... Name it anything you want I named mine rtl8187, so it can be easy to remember... Open it up in your favorit text editor, I used kwrite, and type this in there.....
Code:
 #! /bin/bash

### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:          rtl8187
# Required-Start:    $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-stop:    $remote_fs $syslog
# Default-Start:    2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop:      0 1 6
# Short-Description: Start daemon at boot time
# Description:      fixes 123 error in rtl8187
#### END INIT INFO

rmmod rtl8187
rfkill blockall
rfkill unblock all
modprobe rtl8187
rfkill unblock all
ifconfig wlan0 up
ifconfig wlan1 up

I put ifconfig twice for 2 different interfaces you can delete one if you know or change the wlan0 to your interface... Usually tho it is just wlan0 and you can delete "ifconfig wlan1 up" b/c its really not needed... But If your like me then you might want to keep it, just saying....

You can open up Konsol and use the chmod 755 command (google it)... I will just right click on that file and select properties and click on the permission tab... Once there I will look at where it says []Is executable and put an X in the block you see there...

Now copy that file to /etc/init.d/ folder... You can use the cp command but will just open up dolphin manager and go to the root that should be the red folder and go into the folders and paste in there...

Now Open up Konsol again if you closed it... And type this in there... I am going to use the name of the file I created which was rtl8187...

Code:
root@bt:~# update-rc.d rtl8187 defaults

You can check it by typing in...

Code:
root@bt:~# rfkill list

Now reboot and type in the top command again and you should see no block in either soft or hard... Now go do your own thing Smile

You can dowload my rtl8187 script here
rtl8187 script download

CureMyMind
CureMyMind
Admin

https://curemymind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down