Linux For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wpa wpa2

3 posters

Go down

wpa wpa2 Empty wpa wpa2

Post by harmlessnewbe Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 am

how do u install and where do u find dictionary passwords for wpa wpa2
harmlessnewbe
harmlessnewbe

Back to top Go down

wpa wpa2 Empty Re: wpa wpa2

Post by CureMyMind Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 am

If you know how to penetration test wep, the commands are bascially the same expect at aircrack-ng thats where it would get different. Unless you are doing other methods but if its just a dictionary attack.

So review the form for new users that need to ask. For the sake of of this forum, and also they can just ask about these next steps. So other users have a question from the bottom just ask.

airmon-ng to start the interface if you are using it in your network
airodump-ng to packet capture
aireplay-ng to inject frames

If you are able to penetration test with wep you should be able to use a dictionary attack. But you will have to download a dictionary or make a empty file and call it what ever you want with extention dot lst. For example name.lst would be my list that I made up. Also remeber where that list is located to but if you are in backtrack just put it on the desktop since the Konsol usually uses the desktop that way you do not need to tell it where it is. It just keeps it clean when you do the next command.

The command would be.

Code:
aircrack-ng -w password.lst -b bssid_here psk*.cap
for example
aircrack-ng -w password.lst -b 00:14:6C:7E:40:80 psk*.cap

Well hopefully this was helpfull to others as well, I got my notes from this web page for those that need to read further into it. Or I missed a step or something.
Click Me for Link
CureMyMind
CureMyMind
Admin

https://curemymind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by reccaflare Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:13 am

i need help on hacking Wpa / wpa 2 password.!!
I am Really interested in it !! Admin of this forum.. please find a best solution for me.. i could crack wep password.. but not WPA/WPA2 ... i guess begging is not allow... but i have been searching a lot info for this.. i can't do it.. and what kind of dictionary... is kinda hard... !!!please i need your help!!! if the thing works i promote a lot of people to this forum.. or even sponsor!!

reccaflare

Back to top Go down

Post by CureMyMind Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:39 pm

A dictionarly is a txt file filled with words that are commanly used. For example you download a file or you build a text file of commenly used passwords.

Code:
help
work
etc

Something like that and you save it as a dot list or a dot txt. You can download a lot of them off of the internet. Google "wpa word list" or "aircrack dictionary" or any other phrase you can use in Google. Or make your own of what you think most commonly used password. You should watch Hackers 1995 movie of the commonly used passwords they used. HAHAHAHA! such a grate movie but no you do not have to watch it I was just thinking of "commonly used passwords".

Read this site
CLICK ON ME

Hope that helps.
CureMyMind
CureMyMind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reccaflare Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 am

how could i hack if the password doesn't match with dictionary? any solution

reccaflare

Back to top Go down

Post by CureMyMind Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:06 pm

reccaflare wrote:how could i hack if the password doesn't match with dictionary? any solution

The other way would be by brute force. I have not played with wpa dictionary attack nore have I play'd with brute force. I am sure there are other solutions out there but brute force is the other way that comes to mind.

You can check out this video from bricowifi, he/she is not assocaited with this site but I do want to point you in the right direction.

Hopefully with video it helps you understand. If you have problems understanding please feel free to ask. As this site is one to answer any and all questions when possible.
CureMyMind
CureMyMind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reccaflare Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:58 pm

why can't you point me to the right direction..??

anyway thanks... but if i could know the way of hacking WPA / WPA2 then i will be earning money a lot and i will be giving credits here too

reccaflare

Back to top Go down

Post by CureMyMind Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:34 am

reccaflare wrote:why can't you point me to the right direction..??

anyway thanks... but if i could know the way of hacking WPA / WPA2 then i will be earning money a lot and i will be giving credits here too

The Video I posted on the top would be one way. Is there more inforamtion you need about the video? Or more links?

For the sake of this site but be paient. I will be making a tutorial about wep, wpa or wpa2-psk cracking. Since I am trying to get this site up and trying to get more members to help me I will be slow at making tutorials.
CureMyMind
CureMyMind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reccaflare Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:10 pm

ok.... i will be patient waiting for you, and i am still finding for a solution ^^

reccaflare

Back to top Go down

Post by CureMyMind Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:50 am

I have already made a tutorial for this either in my youtube channel or in the tutorial. If I haven't put up the tutorial then let me know so I can put it up here.
CureMyMind
CureMyMind
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum