Linux For Dummies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet connection on backtrack5r3

2 posters

Go down

Internet connection on backtrack5r3 Empty Internet connection on backtrack5r3

Post by Korro Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi, I just joined the forum specifically so that someone can help me get connected to the internet with backtack 5r3.I downloaded backtrack onto my laptop as a dual operating system a couple of months ago but I have to admit that getting connected to the internet has been more than a challenge. I've got Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin as the other installed OS while backtrack is the other. Please help. I really want to start using it but I don't know where to begin. There are no geeks that I know of who can help me configure the network connection that's why I've decided to ask you guys out there to treat this as a priority. I've just recently heard about Virtual Machines but I don't think my situation applies to that since backtrack is one of my operating systems and is installed on my hard drive. Please guide me slowly and step by step since my networking knowledge is quite limited. I've gone to youtube and the backtrack forum and tried to watch and understand videos and read instructions but I find that the instructions that are written down are slightly different from each other so it ends up confusing me. I am really desperate to get backtrack up and running so if there's anyone out there that can help. Please listen to my desperate cry for help!

Korro

Korro

Back to top Go down

Internet connection on backtrack5r3 Empty Re: Internet connection on backtrack5r3

Post by CureMyMind Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Sorry for taking a couple of weeks off and this late replay...

How are you using BT5r3? Is it vmware? or burned on to a dvd or full HDD install?

My next question. What kind of wifi do you have? USB or integrated into your computer? and what is the brand, make and model of the wifi you are using?

With that information I will be able to help you out a bit more...
CureMyMind
CureMyMind
Admin

https://curemymind.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum